Southminster is Hiring a Pastor-Click to Learn More
All Are Welcome Here!
Southminster people are friendly,
accepting, devoted, and informal. They come from all kinds of
religious backgrounds, and all are seekers. Southminster has been
affiliated with the "More Light" Network since 1995 and is a member
of the Welcoming Congregations of Portland. Our goal is to include,
Service with Music and Choir 10:00am •
Nursery care is
available during worship. Afterwards, please join us for coffee,
tea, and fellowship in the Petersen Gallery.
Fall 2014 Scrip Order Form (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Friday, September 19 - Ancient Mariner's Potluck - 6:30pm - Balmer's
- Sunday, September 21 - All Youth - 5:30pm - Gallery
- Wednesday, October 1 - Movie Day - 10:00am - Room 7
- Sunday, October 5 - World Communion Sunday - 10:00am Service
- Sunday, October 5 - Middle School Youth - Pizza & Lazer Tag - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 5 - Water 2 Wine Group - 2:00pm - Butler's
- Sunday, October 12 - High School Youth - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, October 14 - Art Show Committee Potluck - 6:30pm - Gallery
- Saturday, October 18 - Chancel & Handbell Choirs Retreat - 9:00am
For more information about upcoming
events see our Calendar
Southminster Presbyterian Church is an
inclusive, welcoming community of Christian faith. Our mission is to
manifest Christ's love in the world.
- God loves us unconditionally.
- Jesus' teaching is the clearest revelation of God in our
- We are called to help others in need.
- The best way to transmit our faith is to live it.
- Faith grows through a lively, challenging, and free exchange
- The Bible, a guide to our faith journey, should be understood
in its historical context.
- Important Presbyterian traditions to which we should adhere
- Representative government
- Laity participation
in church leadership
- Emphasis on education
In the spirit of Jesus, we commit to:
- Deepen our spiritual awareness through learning, worship, and
- Celebrate creativity through the visual and performing arts
- Honor diversity
- Support adults, youth, and children through education and
- Provide pastoral and spiritual counseling
- Promote peace, health, and justice in relationships, church,
community, and the world